The Difference in Bioidentical Hormone Doctors Is In The Training
BodyLogicMD Provides Advanced Training in Bioidentical Hormones
Boca Raton, FL - August, 2009 ? In a field that Global Industry Analysts predict will reach $291.1 billion by 2015, the anti-aging market is certainly a place where specialized doctors are in high demand. BodyLogicMD, the largest national network of highly trained bioidentical hormone doctors that specialize exclusively in bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT), is a team of such doctors - and their expertise in bioidentical hormones is directed toward patients in the grips of perimenopause, menopause and andropause.
"My traditional training had not prepared me to adequately treat the many patients who were coming to me with hormone imbalances," shares Dr. Jennifer Landa, of BodyLogicMD in Orlando, Florida. "The choices were very limited and were most likely to be artificial medications with only a few different doses. I decided to focus on extensive training in anti-aging and regenerative medicine. That, along with intense studies in bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT), having access to the highest quality compounding pharmacies and laboratories to measure my patient's hormone levels fitness and nutrition, has given me the best tools to help my patients get back in balance."
Dr. Landa has chosen what could be considered a more demanding path than many of the doctors across the country that practice anti-aging medicine. What makes her different is her affiliation with BodyLogicMD.
To become a member of BodyLogicMD, a doctor must meet rigorous requirements, including:
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility in a clinical field that requires patient contact and in good standing with their associated college
- Completion of the Fellowship for Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
- Continuing medical education in the area of anti-aging and functional medicine of no less than 150 credits accrued over a 3 year period
- Active membership in the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M)
- Successful oral and written boards for the American Board of Anti-Aging Medicine completed within one year of opening their practice
- Proof of medical licensing, course completions, malpractice insurance and successful attainment of verification and interview requirements
In addition to the advanced training and specialization for those physicians who commit to stepping into the future of preventative and functional medicine, doctors cite the importance of the support they receive from the established network of BodyLogicMD affiliated doctors they can reach out to for added expertise.
"This will eventually be the ONLY way to practice medicine," says Jennifer Landa, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, BodyLogicMD. "It gives doctors a way to focus on the patient as a whole person, not a constellation of symptoms or a diagnosis. Then we can take an individual's physiology back to its optimal functioning."
Subscribe to BodyLogicMD's YouTube channel and watch over 100 videos about hormone therapy and symptoms of hormonal imbalance.
Want to stay up to date on the latest news and views about bioidentical hormone therapy? Subscribe Here to BodyLogicMD's bioidentical hormone therapy blog.
- BodyLogicMD Celebrates a Decade of Pioneering the New Frontier of Medicine
- Dr. Tim Morley Featured in LA Times
- BodyLogicMD Excited to Announce New Medical Director of Encino Practice
- Remember this Ladies: New Study Finds Memory Loss and Menopause is Real
- Another Shift in the Hormone Therapy Debate
- Dr. Varano Talks About Testosterone Therapy on CBS
- Dr. Jen on FoxNews.com with Dr. Manny
- Dr. Jen Featured on HealthTalk on FoxNews.com
- Risk of early-onset of menopause increased with hysterectomy