What is bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT)? You may have heard about it, but you’re not sure what it is and whether or not it could be right for you. That’s understandable — the world of hormones can be confusing. But don’t worry. We’re here to clear things up for you.
BHRT is a form of hormone therapy that uses natural hormones that are identical in chemical structure to the hormones produced by your body. This means they work better with your body and can help correct hormone imbalances caused by menopause, perimenopause, low testosterone, and other conditions.
Keep reading to learn more about BHRT and the seven reasons you should try it.
Benefits of BHRT for Women
As any woman over the age of 40 knows, menopause can be a difficult time. Hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, and weight gain are just some of the symptoms that can make this time of life a real challenge. However, there is hope. BHRT can provide relief from many of the symptoms of menopause.
BHRT uses hormones identical to the ones produced by the human body. This makes them more easily absorbed and less likely to cause side effects than synthetic hormone replacements. BHRT can be customized to each woman’s individual needs, making it an effective treatment for a wide range of symptoms, including:
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Mood swings
- Weight gain
- Brain fog
- Vaginal dryness
- Urinary incontinence
- Low libido
The list above mentions just some of the ways BHRT can help women feel like themselves again. But there are other benefits to this therapy as well. BHRT can help prevent some of the long-term effects of menopause, such as osteoporosis and heart disease. It may also help improve your overall sense of well-being and quality of life.
Try At-Home Hormone Testing and Take Control of Your Symptoms!
Benefits of BHRT for Men
BHRT is a treatment that has been traditionally used to alleviate symptoms in menopausal women. However, recent studies have shown that BHRT can also be beneficial for men when administered consistently and under the supervision of a professional holistic care provider or doctor.
Testosterone levels naturally decline as men age, and this can lead to several problems, including:
- Low sex drive
- Erectile dysfunction
- Muscle weakness
BHRT can help address these issues by replacing the missing testosterone. In addition, BHRT can also improve bone density, reduce cholesterol levels, improve conditions like dry skin and thinning hair, and boost energy levels. As a result, it is no surprise that BHRT is becoming an increasingly popular treatment option for men as they age.
Seven Reasons You Should Try BHRT
1) Effective – Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is an effective treatment for symptoms of menopause, perimenopause, low testosterone and other hormone imbalances. For example, one study found several women using BHRT showed significant improvements in emotional stability, decreased irritability and anxiety, and decreased physical symptoms of night sweats and hot flashes.
2) Safe – BHRT is a safe and effective treatment for hormone imbalances. In fact, it has been used safely for decades since first being introduced in the 1930s.
3) Natural – Bioidentical hormones are derived from plants. They are identical in chemical structure to the hormones produced by your body. This means they work with your body, not against it.
4) Customizable – BHRT is a customized treatment based on your specific needs. Before beginning treatment, your hormone levels are tested, and your BHRT therapy is tailored to your needs.
5) Convenient – BHRT is a convenient treatment that easily fits into your daily routine.
6) Affordable – BHRT is an affordable treatment option, especially when compared to other forms of hormone therapy.
7) Time-Tested – Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy has been used safely for almost a hundred years. This means there is a wealth of knowledge and experience to draw from.
Start the Process with At-Home Testing
Hormone testing might sound complicated, but it’s a pretty simple process. You can even do it at home.
At-home hormone testing is an easy and effective way to get the information your practitioner needs to design a personalized regimen tailored for your BHRT needs. It’s quick, painless, and, best of all, convenient. You don’t have to take time off from work or miss important family commitments. Instead, you can do it on your own schedule, in the comfort of your own home. Plus, at-home hormone testing is more affordable than you might think.
So why wait? Get started today and see the difference hormone therapy can make in your life.