Bioidentical Hormones Make their Way Back into the Spotlight on The Ricki Lake Show
Bioidentical Hormones are the Best Medicine with Treatment from a Specialized Physician.
September, 2012 - On Tuesday, Ricki Lake turned the discussion to bioidentical hormone therapy and why, although, it is the best medicine for anti-aging, it only works with the right physician. “If you go to a doctor who doesn’t understand what [hormone] replacement is, it’s like going to a plumber for a heart by-pass,” was one comment highlighted in the discussion, when Ricki asked why bioidentical hormones don’t seem to work for everyone.
BodyLogicMD understands that it isn’t enough to just have doctors who offer bioidentical hormones. That is why it is a requirement that every physician within the network be either, a board-certified M.D. or D.O., and specialize in bioidentical hormone therapy and functional medicine, as well as maintain continuing education in this evolutionary field. In fact every physician of the BodyLogicMD network must meet some very specific criteria:
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in a clinical field that requires patient contact and in good standing with their associated college
- Complete the Fellowship for Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
- Continuing medical education in the area of anti-aging and functional medicine of no less than 150 credits accrued over a three- year period
- Active member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M)
- Pass both oral and written board of the American Board of Anti-Aging Physicians within 1 year of opening their practice
- Proof of Medical licensing, course completions, malpractice and successfully meet listed verification and interview requirements
- Traditionally spend an hour consulting with you versus the seven minutes allotted under traditional health care practices
Dr. Jennifer Landa, Chief Medical Officer of BodyLogicMD and a former OB/GYN says, “I transitioned to from traditional medicine to BodyLogicMD because I wanted to make a whole-hearted difference in the lives of my patient. I pursued extensive training with the American Academy of Anti-Aging and, after more than five years with BodyLogicMD, I see the difference bioidentical hormone therapy can make in someone’s life. But, it’s not just the therapy - it’s the whole treatment plan. My training taught me that hormone therapy is not a one-size-fits-all approach to medicine. Different doses, different diets and different treatments plans are required for each patient. This isn’t about averages and ranges of “normal,” it’s about each individual patient.”
Experience the difference a highly-trained physician of the BodyLogicMD network can make in your life. It’s not about just living longer - it’s about living better, longer with the best medicine from the best doctors.
- Another Shift in the Hormone Therapy Debate
- Discover the Fatigue Solution from America’s Most-Loved Hormone Expert and Dr. Oz
- Blood for Beauty - A Signature Event
- Sunny California Welcomes New Physician to the BodyLogicMD Network
- Dr. Varano Talks About Testosterone Therapy on CBS
- Dr. Jen on FoxNews.com with Dr. Manny
- Dr. Jen Featured on HealthTalk on FoxNews.com
- HealthTalk with Dr. Manny Features Dr. Jen
- Risk of early-onset of menopause increased with hysterectomy