Pellet therapy is a sustainable delivery method for bioidentical hormone therapy. Every three to six months a pellet made of bioidentical hormones is inserted under the patient’s skin, usually on the upper part of the buttocks. The pellets, which contain customized levels of estradiol or testosterone, are slowly metabolized over the course of three to four months, releasing the bioidentical hormone in much the same manner as the body’s natural hormones are secreted.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What are bioidentical hormones?
- Q. Who needs bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT)?
- Q. What is the difference between bioidentical and synthetic hormones?
- Q. What are the ingredients of bioidentical hormones?
- Q. Why do women need hormones before, during and after menopause?
- Q. Why do men need testosterone replacement?
- Q. What makes BodyLogicMD affiliated practitioners experts in bioidentical hormone therapy?
- Q. What can I expect once I’ve become a patient?
- Q. My sex drive is low, could it be my hormones?
- Q. What is pellet therapy?
- Q. Will you take over as my doctor?
- Q. What are the side effects associated with bioidentical hormones?