About Amy Lazzarini, M.D.
Amy Lazzarini, M.D. practices integrative and preventive medicine at BodyLogicMD of Aldie, where she helps women and men suffering from the symptoms of hormonal imbalance that can occur in menopause, andropause, thyroid disorders, and HPA axis dysfunction (adrenal fatigue) to restore health and achieve a greater quality of life. Using a combination of integrative therapies such as personalized nutrition and fitness programs, pharmaceutical-grade supplementation, stress reduction techniques, and bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT), Dr. Lazzarini creates customized wellness programs specific to each patient’s personal and unique needs to help restore energy levels, enhance mood and mental clarity, optimize body weight, improve libido, and improve their overall level of wellness and health.
After years of working under the constraints of conventional medicine, Dr. Lazzarini transitioned into integrative medicine to better treat her patients by focusing on health, vitality and quality of life rather than disease. She stresses the importance of treating the patient as a whole by identifying and correcting underlying issues at the source using pre-emptive techniques to encourage optimal health, rather than tackling illness once it has occurred with a one-size-fits-all treatment approach.
Dr. Amy Lazzarini earned her medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine in 1996 and completed her residency in Internal Medicine (2001) and fellowship in Gastroenterology (2004) in Syracuse, New York. She is an active member of many professional medical organizations including the Metabolic Medical Institute (MMI), the American Academy of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine (A4M), the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG), the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA), and the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE).
Board Certifications, Associations and Training:
- Member of BodyLogicMD, a national network of highly trained physicians specializing in integrative medicine and bioidentical hormone replacement therapy
- Fellow in Anti-Aging & Regenerative Medicine with the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M)
- Fellow of the Metabolic Medical Institute (MMI)
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS) in Integrative Medicine through the George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences