What is DHEA 5 mg?
DHEA 5 mg capsules supply 5 mg of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) for the synthesis of important hormones and for a variety of potential physiological responses such as healthy aging ongoing energy and vitality, and a balanced stress response, as well as muscle integrity and fat reduction. This low dose DHEA can be slowly titrated upwards as needed.
How to Take: As a dietary supplement, take one capsule per day with a meal, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Benefits of DHEA 5 mg:
- Weight management – DHEA supports healthy fat burning and thermogenesis (the process by which the body raises its temperature or energy output, helping you to burn off more calories). It also supports healthy blood sugar control.
- Menopause/Perimenopause support – Helps to lessen the symptoms women occasionally experience with reduced estrogen production. DHEA also encourages a sense of well being and supports bone health.
- Stress support – Physical and emotional stress can potentially interfere in the body’s natural production of DHEA. Supplementation may help maintain healthy levels of DHEA during these times by counteracting the effects of the stress hormone cortisol (produced by the adrenal glands).
- Medication treatment support – Can help support adrenal system during treatment with corticosteroid drugs.
- Healthy aging – Helps to maintain healthy levels of estrogen and testosterone as we age. It can help preserve vitality, bone /muscle health, and sexual health.
Why Designs for Health?
Designs for Health has been a trusted source for research-backed nutritional products of superior quality since 1989. By providing comprehensive support through an extensive product line, ongoing clinical education, and practice development programs, Designs for Health is able to maximize the potential for successful health outcomes. Their wide array of added-value services not only sets them apart, but indicates the depth of their commitment to provide supplements of the highest standards with optimal results.