N.P. Patricia Wittig Get Started
About Patricia Wittig, N.P.
Patricia Wittig, Nurse Practitioner at BodyLogicMD of Birmingham, made the transition into integrative and preventive medicine after more than 16 years as a highly regarded Nurse Practitioner and Pharmaceutical Research Coordinator. Her passion for medicine is optimizing the health and well-being of her patients, guiding each person to overcome health challenges and prevent disease.
Patricia offers bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, nutritional and fitness guidance and targeted supplementation regimens to help both men and women overcome common challenges associated with hormone imbalance including menopause, andropause, adrenal fatigue, memory issues, weight gain and low libido.
As a breast cancer survivor herself, Patricia is passionate about educating women and men on the body and its ability to function optimally. She believes that treatment begins with a conversation coupled with progressive testing modalities that provide vital information, especially for people who have had cancer or are at a greater risk of developing chronic disease. Her personal and harrowing experience with breast cancer helps patients to relate and understand the need for overall wellness on a deeper level.
Patricia completed her nursing degree in 1978 at Samford University in Homewood, Alabama, and went on to receive her Nurse Practitioner certification at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) in 1980. In 1998, she earned her Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) at UAB. Prior to joining BodyLogicMD, Patricia served as a Public Speaker specializing in women’s health care.
Board Certifications, Associations and Training:
- Member of BodyLogicMD, a national network of highly trained health care providers specializing in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy and Integrative Medicine
- Member of the American Academy for Anti-Aging Medicine
- Extensive training in anti-aging provided by the fellowship in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
- Licensed Registered Nurse by the Alabama Board of Nursing
- Board Certified Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner