About Leslie Cooper, M.D.
Leslie Cooper, M.D. practices anti-aging and preventive medicine at BodyLogicMD of Salt Lake City where she helps women and men suffering from menopause, andropause and other hormone imbalances achieve a longer, better life. Using customized wellness programs tailored to address each patient's specific, personal needs, Dr. Cooper combines tailored nutrition and fitness regimens, pharmaceutical-grade supplements, stress reduction techniques and natural bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) to ensure her patients enjoy restored energy, improved mental clarity and the highest quality of life possible.
As an all-star athlete throughout high school and college, Dr. Cooper became vastly familiar with the world of medicine. Her status as a professional triathlete placed her in and out of the doctor’s office, working through injuries and maintaining her top physical shape. It was this experience that led her to become a doctor – she longed to help people live a healthy lifestyle and stay fit and well. However, the confines of traditional medicine left her frustrated and feeling as though she was only putting a band-aid on her patient’s problems, rather than really solving them.
After attending an alternative medicine conference and working with a local compounding pharmacist, Dr. Cooper found herself intrigued and enjoying medicine again. She transitioned to functional medicine, joining BodyLogicMD and offering real solutions through treatment plans that include bioidentical hormone therapy, fitness and nutrition. As a functional medicine physician she now able to dedicate more time to her patients, ensuring they not only achieve total wellness, but have the skills and tools to maintain wellness for a lifetime.
Leslie Cooper, M.D. received her undergraduate degree in chemistry from Georgia State University and her Masters degree in physiology at North Carolina State University. She completed her Medical degree at Duke University. She was an intern in general surgery at Northwestern University in Chicago and her residency in family medicine at Community Hospital East in Indianapolis, Indiana. She also completed a sports medicine fellowship at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, UT in 2005.
Board Certifications, Associations and Training:
- Member of BodyLogicMD a national network of highly trained physicians specializing in Natural Bioidentical Hormone Therapy.
- Member of the American Academy for Anti-Aging Medicine
- Extensive training in anti-aging provided by the fellowship in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
- Board Certified, American Board of Family Practice
- Certificate of Added Qualifications in Sports Medicine, American Board of Family Medicine
- Member of American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- Member of the American Academy of Family Practice
- Board Certified in Integrative Medicine by the American Board of Integrative Medicine (ABOIM)