About Jeffrey Maehara, M.D.
Dr. Jeffrey Maehara is the Medical Director of BodyLogicMD of Honolulu. He treats women and men with individual, customized wellness programs tailored to address each patient's specific, personal needs. Dr. Maehara uses a combination of integrative therapies, including customized nutrition and fitness regimens, pharmaceutical-grade supplementation, stress reduction techniques and natural bioidentical hormones replacement therapy (BHRT), to restore his patients' energy, improve their mental clarity and help them live the best life possible.
Dr. Maehara began his training in integrative and functional medicine when he became frustrated with the restraints of traditional medicine. He stresses the importance of caring for the body with preventative medicine, instead of merely treating illness when it arises, and spending as much time as needed to ensure the best possible personalized care for each individual patient.
After receiving his undergraduate and medical degrees at Tulane University, Dr. Maehara served an internship and completed his residency and a fellowship program at the university's Department of Ophthalmology. He went on to complete the fellowship in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine. Dr. Maehara is the recipient of Tulane's Award of Excellence Clinical Subject and Award of Excellence in Science, as well as the 2000 Bausch & Lomb Travel Grant Award for Young Investigators in the Field of Contact Lens/Ocular Science Research.
Board Certifications, Associations and Training:
- Member of BodyLogicMD a national network of highly trained physicians specializing in Natural Bioidentical Hormone Therapy.
- Member of the American Academy for Anti-Aging Medicine
- Extensive training in anti-aging provided by the fellowship in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
- Member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Member of the International Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Member of the Hawaii Ophthalmological Society
- Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Board Certified in Ophthalmology