About Susan Compton, MCMSc, PA-C
Susan Compton practices preventive and functional medicine at the Fort Lauderdale-based practice she shares with her colleague BodyLogicMD physician Jeffrey Thackrey, M.D. She is devoted to helping women and men overcome health challenges associated with aging. Susan helps her patients find relief from symptoms of hormonal imbalance, such as hot flashes, weight gain, fatigue, irritability, mood swings and poor sleep; commonly attributed to perimenopause, menopause, andropause (male menopause), thyroid disorders and adrenal fatigue.
After spending several years practicing internal/hospital medicine, she decided to advance her education in search of a different approach to achieving wellness. Practicing preventive, functional and anti-aging medicine allows her to do exactly that. She is now able to spend more time with her patients, address their concerns and most importantly, customize their treatment to meet their individual health needs.
Susan received her undergraduate degree from Nova Southeastern University and later received her Masters of Clinical Medical Science and Physician Assistant Certificate from Barry University School of Graduate Medical Sciences.
Board Certifications, Associations and Training:
- Member of BodyLogicMD a national network of highly trained physicians specializing in Natural Bioidentical Hormone Therapy.
- Member of the American Academy for Anti-Aging Medicine
- Extensive training in anti-aging provided by the fellowship in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
- PA-C through National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- ABAAHP Diplomate American Academy of Anti-Aging Healthcare Practitioners
- Member of Institute for Functional Medicine
- Fellow - Florida Association of Physician Assistants
- Fellow - American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Member of Christian Medical/Dental Association
- BLS and ACLS Certification