Dr. Barbara Plucknett Get Started
About Barbara Plucknett, M.D.
Dr. Plucknett dedicates her Wayne, New Jersey-based practice to helping women and men find relief from hormonal imbalances such as menopause, andropause (the male menopause), adrenal fatigue and thyroid disorders, using a three-tiered approach to wellness, combining customized nutrition and fitness regimens with bioidentical hormone therapy. Dr. Plucknett believes that proper diet, regular exercise and balanced hormones are the cornerstones of longevity.
Dr. Plucknett made the decision to transition into anti-aging and preventive medicine, because she wanted the opportunity to spend more time with each patient, in order to address their health and wellness needs from a pre-emptive perspective. As a bioidentical hormones expert, Dr. Plucknett specializes in treating the underlying causes of symptoms oftentimes associated with aging, such as hot flashes, night sweats, low libido, weight gain, fatigue, mood swings and irritability.
Dr. Barbara Plucknett received her undergraduate degree from Temple University in 1987 and completed her Medical Doctorate at Pennsylvania State University in 1991. Before practicing medicine, Dr. Plucknett fulfilled her residency of Obstetrics/Gynecology at the Medical Center of Delaware in 1995, followed by fellowships at Greater Baltimore Medical Center and the University of Maryland Medical System. Dr. Plucknett is currently an active member of the fellowship for Anti-Aging, Regenerative and Functional Medicine (FAAFM), and the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine.
Board Certifications, Associations and Training:
- Member of BodyLogicMD a national network of highly trained physicians specializing in Natural Bioidentical Hormone Therapy.
- Member of the American Academy for Anti-Aging Medicine
- Extensive training in anti-aging provided by the fellowship in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
- Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecolgy
- Member of American Urogynecologic Society