About Anita Petruzzelli, M.D.
Anita Petruzzelli, MD is the Medical Director of BodyLogicMD of Hartford. She focuses on empowering her patients to take care of their body and embrace a healthy lifestyle to help them achieve optimal health through structured fitness programs, nutritional guidance and hormonal balance using natural bioidentical hormones replacement therapy. She helps both men and women resolve the symptoms of menopause and andropause including weight gain, sexual dysfunction, declining energy levels, depression and stress. Inspired by the Women's Health Initiative (WHI) study, Petruzzelli wanted to offer her patients alternative treatments to traditional hormone replacement therapy.
Dr. Petruzzelli was Board Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1999, and is a member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. She has also been certified as a Reiki practitioner and believes that by focusing on the whole person, including mind and spirit, people enjoy a better existence. Dr. Anita Petruzzelli is also a competitive body builder and was recognized as Ms. National Collegiate in 1986 and Ms. Washington, D.C. in 1989.
Her undergraduate education was at Fairfield University and she attended medical school at George Washington University School of Medicine. She interned in general surgery at Waterbury Hospital, in Waterbury, Connecticut and completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center in Hartford, Connecticut. She has worked as an OB/GYN since 1997, most recently at the Center for Women's Health and Midwifery as a Hospitalist.
Board Certifications, Associations and Training:
- Member of BodyLogicMD a national network of highly trained physicians specializing in Natural Bioidentical Hormone Therapy.
- Member of the American Academy for Anti-Aging Medicine
- Extensive training in anti-aging provided by the fellowship in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
- AMA Board Certified Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Board Certified in Integrative Medicine by the American Board of Integrative Medicine (ABOIM)
Visit www.preventativewellnessmd.com for more information on:
- BHRT – Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Integrated Wellness
- Weight Loss
- Sexual Wellness