What is 7-Keto?
7-Keto is a registered trade name for the compound 3-acetyl-7-oxo DHEA, a stabilized form of 7-oxo DHEA. Once ingested, acetyl-7-oxo DHEA is cleaved to 7-oxo DHEA, a DHEA metabolite naturally found in the body. Although 7-oxo DHEA is similar to DHEA, it does not convert into estrogenic or androgenic hormones.
Supplementation with 7-Keto may counteract the decline in 7-oxo DHEA levels that occurs during the normal aging process. Decreased levels of 7-oxo DHEA can also be triggered by high cortisol levels, which can result from physical and mental stress as well as dieting if the caloric restriction is too severe and/or the meals are not properly spaced throughout the day.
Studies show that 7-Keto combined with moderate exercise and a reduced-calorie diet significantly reduces more body weight and body fat compared with exercise and a reduced-calorie diet alone. 7-Keto is also able to enhance the activity of several thermogenic enzymes and to promote the use of fat stores for energy.
Made with non-GMO ingredients.
Benefits of 7-Keto:
- Promote weight loss without the use of stimulants
- Compensate for age-related decline in 7-Keto DHEA production
- Compensate for cortisol-induced reduction of 7-Keto DHEA
- Reduce tissue levels of cortisol by reducing local conversion of cortisone to cortisol
- Improve memory
- Reduce alcohol cravings due to activity on GABA receptors
- Augment immune response in the elderly and subjects under stress
- Alleviate depression caused by chronic stress
Why Designs for Health?
Designs for Health has been a trusted source for research-backed nutritional products of superior quality since 1989. By providing comprehensive support through an extensive product line, ongoing clinical education, and practice development programs, Designs for Health is able to maximize the potential for successful health outcomes. Their wide array of added-value services not only sets them apart, but indicates the depth of their commitment to provide supplements of the highest standards with optimal results.