About Smita Ohri, M.D.
Smita Ohri, MD is the Owner and Medical Director of the New Jersey Area practice. She uses bioidentical hormones therapy and customized nutrition and fitness programs to treat the symptoms of hormonal imbalance. Symptoms can start as early as in the mid thirties, perimenopause, menopause and andropause and may present as a lack of vitality and energy, stress, relationship problems, insomnia, mood swings, irritability, low libido, depression, night sweats, weight gain and fatigue. Dr. Ohri believes in a true partnership with her patients and spends considerable time to understand them in depth and treat their troubling symptoms. Her other interests are in practicing Aesthetics Medicine and Stem cell solutions.
Dr. Ohri has 13 + years extensive teaching experience in various Family Medicine residency programs, has practiced and taught evidenced based traditional medicine to residents and medical students from Temple, Columbia, UMDNJ and Mt. Sinai Universities. She stresses the importance of treating the whole patient, by finding the root of a problem and helping the patient regain functionality instead of just using a band-aid approach of treating individual symptoms. Her practice emphasizes the prevention of disease and encouraging optimal overall health, rather than tackling illness once it has already occurred.
Dr.Smita Ohri completed her residency in Family Medicine at the Howard University Hospital in Washington, D.C. in 1998. She went on to complete a fellowship at the University of North Carolina in 2004. She is in the process of completing her fellowship in Functional, Regenerative and Anti-aging from The American Academy of Anti- Aging and Regenerative medicine. She is board certified in OBGYN, family medicine and anti-aging medicine and is a member of several professional medical associations, including the North American Menopause Society , the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine and The American Academy of Family Medicine.
Board Certifications, Associations and Training:
- Member of BodyLogicMD a national network of highly trained physicians specializing in Natural Bioidentical Hormone Therapy.
- Member of the American Academy for Anti-Aging Medicine
- Extensive training in anti-aging provided by the fellowship in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
- Member of the North American Menopause Society
- Member of the American Academy of Family Practice
- Member of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
- Diplomate of the American Board of Family Practice & Board
- Board Certified in Anti-Aging Medicine
- Board Certified in Family Medicine
- Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology