Meet Andrew Heyman, MD, MHSA
As owner and operator of BodyLogicMD of Aldie, Dr. Andrew Heyman dedicates his practice to Integrative Medicine with a focus on bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, tailored dietary supplementation, stress-reducing techniques, lifestyle coaching, and raising awareness of environmental exposures while targeting the optimization of one's quality of life. He utilizes a proactive methodology to medicine, bridging the gap between conventional medicine and functional wellness, to provide more useful and comprehensive treatment methods aimed towards correcting hormonal imbalances in both men and women.
Dr. Heyman has been practicing medicine since 2004 when he received his medical degree from the University of Michigan. Dr. Heyman has always had an innate desire to help people, and at the young age of seventeen, he trained in 5 element Shiatsu and Traditional Chinese Medicine. This taught him the value of approaching patient care through botanicals, manual therapy, acupuncture and dietary supplements while focusing on the patient as a whole. He later went on to receive a Masters Degree in Health Services Administration from the University Of Michigan School Of Public Health and became an administrator for the University of Michigan Complementary and Alternative Medicine Research Center. It was here that Dr. Heyman was responsible for overseeing a $6.7 million dollar NIH grant to study and research alternative treatments for cardiovascular diseases.
Dr. Heyman is currently the Chief Medical Officer for the Metabolic Code Enterprise, and the Director of Integrative Medicine at the George Washington University, where he oversees several graduate degree programs, conducts research and has established an academic health services network in integrative medicine. In his free time, Dr. Heyman enjoys cycling, sailing, and playing competitive sports.
Board Certifications, Associations, and Training:
- Member of BodyLogicMD a national network of highly trained physicians specializing in Natural Bioidentical Hormone Therapy.
- Member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M)
- Extensive training in anti-aging provided by the fellowship in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
- Board Certified in Family Medicine
- Program Director of Integrative Medicine at The George Washington University
- Director of Medical Education at The Metabolic Medical Institute
- Fellow in Integrative Medicine at The University of Michigan
- Certified Practitioner at The American Organization for Bodywork Therapies of Asia (AOBTA)