The BodyLogicMD Health and Wellness Scholarship
Textbooks, paper, pens, backpacks, computers, tuition – getting an education is expensive. Not to mention all the other fun stuff that comes with college life. BodyLogicMD wants help you fuel your education!
BodyLogicMD is the leading network of preventive health physicians in the nation. The physicians of the BodyLogicMD network strive to educate the public and help patients develop strategies be and stay well for a lifetime through healthy lifestyle choices and bioidentical hormone therapy. BodyLogicMD wants to bring awareness of preventive health strategies to future generations – like yours.
Enter to win a $1000 scholarship from BodyLogicMD – just write about one of the following topics in an essay of 500 to 1000 words:
- What healthy lifestyle habits have you made in your life in the direction of better health? How has your life changed due to these new habits?
- What changes do you need to make in your life to prevent or improve disease or obesity currently affecting your life?
- Describe a personal experience with disease and/or obesity and how that has changed your life. (This may be your personal account or what you have endured watching a friend or family member suffer.)
Please really consider the health landscape of the nation today – more than 60 percent of the population is overweight or obese and at least 17 percent of those individuals are between the ages of 2 and 19 are obese. By the year 2030, obesity is projected to hit an all-time high – a majority of the population will be obese. In 2012, obesity, by way of chronic disease, ranked among the top three causes of preventable death in the United States.
Your generation could change all this. BodyLogicMD is passionate about spreading the word about preventive health and we want to reward you for taking a stand. That is why the best essay will receive $1000 to go toward their college education.
How to enter:
- Answer one of the above questions in 500-1000 words.
- All entries must be in English, typed in a Word document, 12 point font.
- Proof read it: grammar, spelling and proper use of the English language are imperative.
- Send your entry as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The file name should be your full name, state and date of birth. Example: Bob-Lee-NY-10-26-1988.docx.
- Entries not submitted on time or exactly as instructed above will not be considered.
- Submit it by April 20, 2013 at 11:59pm EST.
How to win (Hint! Hint!):
- Write something amazing and send it to us in the proper format.
- BodyLogicMD will read all the qualifying entries.
- We will pick a winner on May 1st and notify you.
- BodyLogicMD will then send the winner a check in the mail.
- We will announce the winner to the world on the scholarship page, BodyLogicMD Twitter account and our BodyLogicMD Facebook account, so watch out for those.