On 10-Year Anniversary of WHI, Top Medical Institutions Endorse Hormone Therapy
Statements Recognize Hormone Replacement Therapy Most Effective for Menopausal Symptoms
July, 2012 - Ten years to the day, after the controversial Women’s Health Initiative (WHI) published its daunting results that labeled hormone therapy as dangerous, the North American Menopause Society (NAMS), the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) and The Endocrine Society, along with 12 other top medical organizations have issued a statement endorsing the safety and efficacy of hormone therapy (HT) for symptoms of menopause.
In an interview, NAMS president, JoAnn Manson told USA Today, that it was unfortunate that the WHI study scared so many women away from hormone therapy, but it taught everyone that a “one-size-fits-all” approach is not appropriate. The physicians of BodyLogicMD have embraced this philosophy since beginning in 2003, offering tailored treatment plans to women (and men) suffering from symptoms of hormone imbalance, including menopause.
Dr. Jennifer Landa, Chief Medical Officer and Medical Director of BodyLogicMD of Orlando, says, “The WHI taught us a lot, but it has kept many women from living a higher quality life because it made them so afraid. Thankfully, new studies have emerged proving the safety of hormone therapy. I’ve been doing this a long time. I have seen lives change for the better. I know how effective a personalized treatment plan that includes hormone therapy can be – and now women can rest assured they are making the right choice.”
The physicians of BodyLogicMD begin with extensive lab testing to determine the specific needs of each individual. Treatment plans are designed to treat or prevent hormone imbalances that contribute to aging and disease and include nutrition, fitness, supplements and stress management techniques along with bioidentical hormone therapy to ensure optimal health for each individual patient.
- BodyLogicMD Celebrates a Decade of Pioneering the New Frontier of Medicine
- Dr. Tim Morley Featured in LA Times
- BodyLogicMD Excited to Announce New Medical Director of Encino Practice
- Remember this Ladies: New Study Finds Memory Loss and Menopause is Real
- Another Shift in the Hormone Therapy Debate
- Dr. Varano Talks About Testosterone Therapy on CBS
- Dr. Jen on FoxNews.com with Dr. Manny
- Dr. Jen Featured on HealthTalk on FoxNews.com
- Risk of early-onset of menopause increased with hysterectomy