Dr. Joseph Mazzei - Chicago Bioidentical Hormone Doctor
About Joseph Mazzei, D.O.
As Medical Director of BodyLogicMD of Chicago, Dr. Mazzei devotes his Illinois practice to preventive and functional medicine, wellness, and anti-aging medicine integrated with bioidentical hormone therapy, and customized nutrition and fitness programs. As a former Emergency Room physician, Dr. Joseph Mazzei witnessed firsthand the negative effects of poor health and its impact on both disease and quality of life for his patients and developed a passion for preventive medicine.
Dr. Mazzei graduated from the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine at Midwestern University. He completed his residency in 2003 at Midwestern University at Provident Hospital in Chicago. He practiced Emergency Medicine at Provena St. Joseph Hospital and Northwest Community Hospital in Illinois and at Mercy Hospital in Janesville, Wisconsin.
Dr. Mazzei served our country as a Major in the U.S. Army Reserves and served active duty as an Emergency Medicine Physician in 2002 during Operation Enduring Freedom at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Landstuhl, Germany. He is Board Certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine (AOBEM) and an active member of the fellowship for Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine. He is also a member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M) and the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
Board Certifications, Associations and Training:
- Member of BodyLogicMD a national network of highly trained physicians specializing in Natural Bioidentical Hormone Therapy.
- Member of the American Academy for Anti-Aging Medicine
- Extensive training in anti-aging provided by the fellowship in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
- Certified by the National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners
- American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine (AOBEM)
- Member of the American Osteopathic Association